Self Portrait and Portraits Intro

1. Break the Rules of Composition, The Rule of Thirds is one that ca be effective to break - placing your subject either dead centre can sometimes create a powerful image - or even creative placement with your subject right on the edge of a shot can sometimes create interesting images.
2. Go with a Wide Angle, Shooting with a wide angle lens attached to your camera can help create some memorable shots when you’re doing portrait photography.
3. Photographing your shadow is another way to do a self-portrait. Shoot early or late, when the sun is low in the sky. A light, stucco wall, a sidewalk, or any other simple background can suffice. Just be sure there aren't a lot of distractions around the surface you choose.

Image result for environmental portrait

I liked how much was going on in the background, but how it didn't completely take away from the subject. I chose it because the landscape/background behind the subject completed the story and told us what his job actually was, which we couldn't have found out from just his apron.

Image result for environmental portrait

I liked that in the photo the guy's expression and the warm, calming colors of the landscape. I chose it because it was easy on the eyes and gave a good insight on what the guy's job was.

Image result for photography self portrait

I liked the slight blur of the movement in the photo. I chose it because it was one of the more simple ones that weren't too abstract.

Image result for photography self portrait

I liked that the guy was silly in this photo. I chose it because I saw the guy's face and really liked it. I also saw a very large camera.

Image result for casual portrait

I liked that this photo had a cute baby in it. I chose it because the subject was clear, and there was nice vibrant colors in the background out of focus that added to the subject.

Image result for casual portrait

I liked the guy's smile in this photo. I chose this photo because it was easy on the eyes and you could clearly see the simple face on the subject.

Portrait Assignment:
For my portrait assignment I will be taking a picture of my best friend. I will take the picture in a computer lab or someplace that has computers because they are what I use a lot. To make the shot successful I will put my subject boldly in the center, while having the background in focus. I want the technology or computer to be shown in the background as my subject is smiling, because it's what I like to do.

Comments